Put Experience And Innovation To Work For You

Coming To The United States For Work: Employment Visas

Companies often have an interest in hiring a foreign national employee to live and work in the United States. The attorneys at PM Law PC in New York City are experienced in immigration law, and can facilitate the visa application process for foreign national workers and their families.

Immigrant And Nonimmigrant Work Visas

There are several different types of work and employment visas that can be utilized to gain legal entry into the United States for employment and work purposes. Nonimmigrant visas are temporary, while permanent employment work visas offer applicants a path toward immigration.

There are several different types of employment and work visas that all have different requirements. Some of the most common include:

  • The H-1B nonimmigration visa requires an offer of employment and sponsorship from a U.S. company for a specialty occupation.
  • The L-1 nonimmigrant visa allows a foreign company that is an affiliate of a U.S. company to transfer employees to the U.S.
  • The O-1 nonimmigrant visa requires a foreign national employee to have an extraordinary ability in their respective field.
  • The E-1 nonimmigrant visa is a treaty trade visa that allows a foreign national entry into the country for trade that relates to a treaty.
  • Immigrant visas require an employer sponsor and will allow a foreign national to receive permanent resident status and a green card. This will also provide an immigrant with a path towards naturalization and U.S. citizenship.

If you are a company that would like to employ a foreign national, the attorneys at PM Law PC can help you find the best option. If you are a foreign national who is looking for a job in the United States, they can help you figure out the best option for yourself and your family.

Anyone who enters the United States on a nonimmigrant work visa will have to leave the country by the time of their visa’s expiration date. However, it can sometimes be possible to apply for an extension of your visa. In addition, it may also be possible to change your visa application. An immigration lawyer can help you assess your options and facilitate your visa application.

The firm’s attorneys are available to meet with clients virtually or in person by appointment. To schedule an initial consultation to discuss your immigration goals, contact the office by calling 888-657-5755 or by sending me an inquiry through the website.